Friday, July 23, 2010

If you owned stock in Exxon-Mobile or another oil company, would you want them to make a profit, break even...

or lose money?If you owned stock in Exxon-Mobile or another oil company, would you want them to make a profit, break even...
I want them to make a profit. This is the cost of Exxon-Mobile or another oil company using my capital. I expect a return on my investment. This is what America is all about. I do not own stock to be charitable.





DTGIf you owned stock in Exxon-Mobile or another oil company, would you want them to make a profit, break even...
The Clinton's made huge dough from their Exxon stocks.





I'm for anyone capable of making money from stocks.





I'm very sad that Bush and Cheney sold all their stocks in oil, but I'm proud that they had the courage to sell it before running for office.
And if you had Haliburton stock, would you want the war in Iraq to go on forever, even if it costs 100,000 American lives?





This is like the wolves and sheep voting on what to have for lunch. Neither side likes the alternative to what they want. What is good for stockholders is not always good for the USA.
Well, I hae more self respect than to buy stocks in corporations that are known to bu be both unpatriotic and unethical. But if they make a fair profit--fine. $35 billion a year net profitand then demanding taxpayer's money be used to subsidize them while they are ripping people off IS NOT a ';fair profit.';





But I don't own stock in the oil companies--and I hope they end up going bankrupt when cheaper and cleaner sources of energy finally reach the market in spite of their monopolistic practices. And I hope anyone who owns stocke in them looses every penny.
Stock is a method for the wealthy to share among themselves and gives them the chance to reward employee's with options . It also allows them a chance to fund themselves with the workers money . Rather then paying them directly a modest amount of their earnings is diverted to stock which helps pay their retirement .


Remember it is the small uninformed investors who lose money in the market thus providing the additional profits used to pay workers .





Its a giant scam people designed by the wealthy to benefit themselves .
I would like them to operate their business at a profit adequate to keep themselves going and to keep their workers employed. Somehow a corporation that is in business solely for the sake of record making shareholder profits seems a little un American to me. They should be in business to produce oil not to produce money.
If I owned stock in Exxon-Mobil or another oil company would I want them to make a profit. Of course. The thing is, there is more than one way to do that. So, I'd own a lot of stock. Controlling shares even and then I'd restructure the company to make drugs instead of fuel in order to reduce its environmental burden. This allows the company to stay in business after oil supplies start to wane, it will continue to profit, and reduce the US dependence on foreign oil.





Also, it would help in curing a myriad of diseases if oil was used to make drugs instead of fuel. The oil supply is basically inexhaustible if you use it for medical purposes.





Oil prices will go up, fuel costs will go down, profits will increase, and instead of inhibiting new technology from maturing the company would be instrumental in helping to advance it.
I would want them too make a profit but not at the expense of the people. I believe that they are making excessive profits and this is born out but their record profits that are a matter of public record. I also believe that President Bush got the European nations too help us in Iran by promising them that he would insure that we no longer had cheep gas despite being the largest consumer of gass and oil in the world. This has long been a complaint of other nations and as such was a tremendously powerful bargaining tool. If this is not true then why did the tremendous price increases for gas co inside so closely with our involvement in Iran and Afghanistan?

No comments:

Post a Comment